Gosh, that title sounds so narcissistic. However, Reality Writes tagged me to write 7 things about myself, so here I go:
- I hosted a radio show called “8 Pairs of Don Alphonso’s Tweezers.”
- With PositiveForce, I used to organize rock concerts to raise money for causes such as victims of the El Salvadoran bank collapse and domestic violence centers.
- In one of my early jobs, I answered phones at a sign language interpreting agency. I had to learn ASL and then run down hallways to fingerspell the names of people calling for the deaf people.
- One of my goals is to walk the Appalachian trail.
- I was Casca in Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar in 6th grade, and Act 3 scene 1 was my favorite, because I actually got to do something.
- I’ve seen a tornado from one block away.
- As a child, I’d read The Washington Star, The Washington Post, U.S. News and World Report, Time and Newsweek and watched Louis Rukeyser with my dad.
BONUS ONE: I used to live in Iowa where I drove 15 miles to do laundry — one time having to stop in the road to allow a flock of pheasants to cross — and 50 miles for Chinese food or even something as exotic as Taco Bell.