On April 16, 2011, yours truly (Deborah) will speak about social media for writers at the Conversations and Connections Conference at Johns Hopkins in DC. Those energetic, curious, smart people over at Barrelhouse organized the event.
You want this link if you want to see Steve Almond with a pitchfork to his posterior.
Schedule: If you’ve ever wanted to “speed date” an editor, see what’s happening at 12:15 pm.
* 9:30 — welcome and opening remarks
* 9:45 — workshop session 1
* 11:00 — workshop session 2
* 12:15 to 2:15 — lunch and speed dating with editors
* 2:30 to 3:30 — keynote speaker Steve Almond knocks your socks off
* 3:45 to 4:45 — workshop session 3
It might be a good idea to leave your socks at home—just to make things bit more challenging for Steve Almond.
Hope to see you there.