This post is part of an ongoing National Poetry Month series. Each day this month, this blog will share a writer’s top five poetry (mostly) books. We did not give many guidelines beyond “share five poetry books.” Some poets may include a few sentences as to why they like the books. Some may list them. Some may include only living authors. Some may not include any living authors. It’s entirely up to them. Thank you for being here.
Today’s list of five favorite poetry books comes to us by way of M.E. Silverman.
1) Ender’s Game by Card / Collected – Jane Kenyon
2) To Kill a Mockingbird / Volume 1 – Mary Oliver
3) Life of Pi by Mann / Collected – Lisel Mueller
4) Sula by Morrison / Rose – Li-Young Lee
5) City of Thieves by Benioff / What Work Is and/or Collected – P. Levine
BIO: M.E. Silverman lives in Georgia.